If you have received notification that your payment card has been declined, you will need to contact the bank that issued the card to find out why.
Note: only your bank can tell you why your card has been declined.
Contact your bank to resolve other payment issues even if:
- you've successfully used this payment method on a previous order
- you have funds available in your bank or credit account to cover the order cost
Below are some steps you can take to resolve payment issues:
- Contact your bank about their payment security policies. Your bank may flag any unexpected activity on your account. This includes first time orders and high value purchases, regardless of the amount of funds available (or credit limit). Your bank may require your authorization verbally to proceed with a transaction.
- Contact your bank about daily withdrawal or purchase limits. Most banks have limits on how much money can be charged or accessed in a single day. If you exceed this daily amount, your bank may block your account from any further activity regardless of available funds in the account. Your bank may require you to request a higher purchase limit to complete the transaction.
- Contact your bank about payment authorizations and reserved funds. When you place an order with us our card processor contacts your card's issuing bank to confirm that your credit card has a valid number, and has not been reported as lost or stolen. Your bank's response is communicated via a full authorization for the purchase amount.
Some banks may hold authorizations for 7-10 business days. If your payment has been declined due to the lack of available funds then contact your bank to confirm if the reserved funds are authorizations and to verify the amount of time they hold authorizations.
Verify the payment information you have entered on your order. Has your billing address recently changed? If your billing address has recently changed then check the information you have registered in your account under Address Book, you may simply need to update this.
Once you have done so, then visit My Orders in your account to update the payment information on a canceled order. Find the order you want to change. Next to it, click the Re-order button and progress through the check out process again, double checking that your billing information has been correctly updated.
Checking the status of your order