If a picture tells a thousand words....then a video tells millions!!!
This article describes how to record your screen, save the recording, and add this to your support ticket.
Create a free account with awesomescreenshot.com
- Download the relevant browser extension Awesome Screenshot for Safari on the App Store (apple.com)
- Choose how you want to sign up
- Pin the extension in Chrome, using the instructions in the pop-up window
You're now ready to record your screen! By default, URL and date are switched off, you can change these in Preferences > Saving Preferences
Start a screen recording
- Open the Awesome Screenshot extension from your browser's taskbar
- Select whether you want to record your screen and webcam, just your screen, or just your webcam (just screen is fine)
- Choose if you want to include microphone audio. You can add a voice description of your issue if you like, but this isn't essential
- Choose whether you want to show a single screen, both screens, or just an app, then hit "Start Recording"
- Your recording will start, after a countdown.
- Carry out the activity which resulted in your issue, i.e. why you are logging the support ticket, then click "Stop" in the extension when you're finished.
- Your completed recording will now open in a new window, where you can review it before sharing.
- Choose to either "Download" or "Upload to get a shareable link", then paste or attach this into the description in your support ticket.